Rowing – Skibbereen Head of the River, Nov 2021
Blackrock College Rowing Club
Skibbereen Head of the River, The Marina, Cork
Saturday, 13th November 2021
Despite challenging travel arrangements, our Rowers put a tremendous performance at the Skibbereen Head of the River competition last Saturday 13th November held at the Marina in Cork City. Amongst the many highlights were:
- 1st Place in the J14 double sculls:
Elliot Tomkin Beddy and Louis Kelly (both 3rd Year).
- 1st Place in the J.15 doubles sculls:
Lucas Perez, (3rd Year) Greg Quinn (4th Year).
- 2nd Place:
Greg Quinn, Patrick Cody, Ciaran Murphy, Cox: Jason Marrow (all 3rd Year).
We congratulate these boys and indeed all our rowers on their performances who include:
- J15 4x+ B – Scott Plower, Fionn Whelan, James Hodgins, Peter O’Connor, Cox: Cian Hanley (all 3rd Year).
- J16 4x+ – Ralph Quirke, Finn Toolan, Hugh Andrews, Rob Byrne, Cox: Rory White (all TY).
- J18 1x – Freddy O’Connaill, Ethan Swan (both 5th Year)
- J16 1x – Guy Mangan (5th Year), Harry Pierce (TY)
We thank our coaches led by Laura Gannon whose commitment and expertise make it possible.