Debating – St Andrew’s Model United Nations 2021
St Andrew’s Model United Nations
Friday 7th – Sun 9th May 2021
Congratulations to James Carroll (5th Year), Gavin Bowen-O’Connor, Frazer McGinn, Jamie Starr Bourke, Conor Casey (all TY), and Aran O’Flaherty (3rd Year), on their performance at SAIMUN (St. Andrew’s International MUN) last weekend, representing the USA. After three days of rigorous debate, the delegates were awarded with many “Distinguished delegate” awards, “Crisis committee” awards, and the top prize of “Outstanding Delegation”, awarded to the best delegation at the conference. We hope that this achievement will encourage others to take part in MUN in the future.
- Aran O’Flaherty (Security Council) – Distinguished Delegate
- Jamie Starr Bourke (Disarmament) – Distinguished Delegate
- Gavin Bowen-O’Connor (Human Rights) – Highly Commended (Committee), Highly Commended (Crisis)
- James Carroll (Economic & Social) – Distinguished Delegate
- Frazer McGinn (Environment) – Distinguished Delegate (Committee), Highly Commended (Crisis)
Many thanks to Mr. Smyth for his continued support and enthusiasm for the society and to St. Andrew’s College for running the event so successfully.