Athletics Results Update, May 2019
- Hugo O’Malley (5th Year) who finished 6th in the Senior Hammer with a personal best.
- Harry Cullen (5th Year) who finished 5th in the Senior Disc with a personal best. He missed out on qualifying for the All-Ireland in the shot by 6cm.
- Sam Loscher (4th Year) threw personal bests in the Shot and Discus.
- Both Tom Briggs and Tom O’Riordan (both 2nd Year) threw personal bests in the Shot and Discus.
- In the Relay, we finished 3rd in the Senior 4 x 100 and 5th in the 4 x 400
- Jack McGlone (2nd Year) was 1st in Junior 800m and 3rd in the 100m.
- Eddie Crosthwaite (2nd Year) was 2nd in Junior 800m and 3rd in the 100m.
- Iain McLaughlin (2nd Year) was 6th in the Junior Hammer.
- Our Junior Relay team of Jack McGlone, Eddie Crosthwaite, Oliver Coffey and Daniel Bennett (all 2nd Year) was 2nd .
- Eric Brandt (2nd Year) was 2nd in the Junior Discus.
- Hugh Cooney (3rd Year) was 5th in the Inter Triple Jump.
- Michael Lowey (5th Year) was 6th in the Senior Triple Jump.
- Cathal Ryan (6th Year) was 6th in the Hammer.
Well done to each and every one of you. You all scored points for Blackrock in a very competitive environment.
I thank Mr Barry and his fellow coaches for the excellent coaching and for the huge amount of preparatory work throughout the school year.
I wish our qualifiers well at the All-Ireland’s in Tullamore next Saturday, June 1st.