Night Study in Blackrock College
Night Study provides Day Students with the opportunity to engage in independent study each weekday evening. It is held in the school from Monday to Thursday (6pm-9pm) and Friday (4.30pm-6.30pm), in an atmosphere free from unnecessary interruption and disturbance.
Complete the application form below to apply for a place.
*Places are limited*
As part of Night Study a record is kept throughout the year of absences, misconduct, late arrival etc. and will be communicated to parents/guardians should the need arise.
Explanations of absences and general queries may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All students wishing to avail of a place in Night Study are required to read through and abide by the Night Study Charter.
Night Study Office
Night Study Charter 2020-2021
- Complete silence and work atmosphere should be respected and maintained at all times.
- Always cooperate with the Study Supervisor in a courteous and cooperative
- Be punctual, dress as for school and use one desk only.
- No communication with other students, verbal or non-verbal, for any reason.
- No food or drinks, except water.
- No use of electronic devices including mobile phones.
- All absences must be excused by a parent or guardian.
- Students must attend full night study sessions.
- Students may not leave or arrive at the break without a note for the supervisor.
- Students have no permission to leave the College Campus or study elsewhere in the College during study times.
- Tidy the hall before leaving and leave school bags on desks. All bags must be taken home on Friday.
Failure to comply with this charter will result in disciplinary action including suspension or removal from Night Study.
Night Study Application Form
We are not accepting further applications at this time.