TY Programme – Dragons Den Report, Nov 2022
TY Programme – Dragons Den Report
Our transition year students showed great entrepreneurial spirit by producing a record thirty business plans to be considered for investment in this years Dragons Den competition. Over the last 15 years, the Past Pupils Union have been generously supporting this competition by providing mentors and a €2,000 investment fund. Throughout September and October over 70 different boys attended workshops and mentoring in order to help them develop their concepts.
Last Friday 11th November, 6 individuals and groups were chosen to pitch their business plans to a group of successful entrepreneurs and their fellow students in order to secure financial funding for their new business ideas.
The boys presented brilliantly under pressure and dealt with difficult questions about financials and market viability.
The following investments were presented by Union president John O’Doherty:
- €1,000 to We Click – A codeine safety app. Founded by Edward Wilson.
- €600 to Kxccessories – A home accessory drop shipping business. Founded by Matthew Neary.
- €400 to Carrols Cart Company – An attachable golf cart founded by Jeremy Carroll.
Other groups who narrowly missed on investment were:
- Stay Dry – protective apparel. Founded by Cillian O’Leary.
- Optimize – A gaming drop shipping service. Founded by Sami Bishti, Ben Crowley, Cian O’Connell.
- Tee Times for you – Founded by Ben Curran and Killian O’Reilly.
We are most grateful to the following dragons who gave up so much time in mentoring our students. Programme chairperson Jim Leyden, Ian McDonald, Alain Barr, Aidan Corless, Orla O’Gorman, Orla O’Gorman, Gwen Layden, Tony Connolly and Charlie Gleeson.
Finally, we thank the Business Department of Mr Fitzsimons, Ms Reilly, Ms Keenan, Mr McGlynn and Ms Ball for their support of the boys.