WORLD BOOK DAY
Our Creative Arts And Digital Learning Centre celebrated WORLD BOOK DAY last Thursday. 5 March 2015. Events included:
- A literary Table Quiz for Ms Nulty’s 2nd Year Class – 3 rounds of Questions and 2 Picture Rounds about Writers and their works. The Winning Team was “Keeping up with the Shakespeareans” who each received a €10.00 Book Token.
- A Book Sale in aid of St Michael’s House which raised €56.00 – books were on sale at €2.00 each.
- A number of students took a chance on our ‘mystery’ books and borrowed from our “Don’t Judge a book by its cover” shelf display. The aim was to try to get students to take a chance on a book that they might not ordinarily read.
- A display of our Staff Questionnaires, where a number of our staff answered questions based on their reading habits as children and on their favourite books.
- We had a ‘Vote for your favourite Book’, where Students and Staff voted for their favourite out of 12 titles. The Top 5 Winners were:
• The Hobbit JRR Tolkien with 80 votes
• Cherub Series by Robert Muchamore with 27 votes
• Harry Potter series by JK Rowling also with 27 votes
• Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde with 25 votes
• The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins with 15 votes
I thank Oisin Ryan (Third Year) who assisted with the vote for your Favourite Book and David Wright (5th Year) who helped with the Mystery Book selection.
I thank Lorraine Marrey, our C.A&D.L. Centre Manager for her organisation of the day’s events.