Inter-schools Music Festival Wesley
INTER-SCHOOLS MUSIC FESTIVAL
WESLEY 4TH/5TH MARCH 2016
We congratulate the LIBERMANN CHOIR on winning the FRANK HUGHES CUP, for the 3rd year in a row, at the Wesley Inter-Schools Music Festival last Friday evening.
The standard at this Festival, now in its 40th year, is exceptional. 45 Blackrock entrants – Soloists (Voice and Instrument), Duets, Bands and Ensembles (Choirs, Orchestra and Jazz Band) – performed and were delighted to receive 21 AWARDS.
- Oisin McEnroe (5th Year) won the Strings (O16).
1st Class Honours was awarded to:
- Harry Kearns (4th Year) in both the Classical Solo Singing and Piano (U16)
- Callum Byrne (2nd Year) in the Wind and Brass (U14)
- Stephen Ryan (4th Year) in the Popular Solo Singing (U17)
- Both Gavin Jones (3rd Year) and Declan O’Sullivan (6th Year) in the Classical Acoustic Guitar (O15)
- Shane O’Connell (6th Year) in the ‘Own Performed Song’ (O15)
- Harry Redmond (3rd Year) in the Wind and Brass (U16)
- Shane Conlon (6th Year) in the Classical Solo Singing (O17)
- Harry Kearns and Alex D’Arcy (both 4th Year) in Piano Duet (O15)
Our Bands: ’Logical Reasoning’, ’Binary Sunset’ and ’Govinda’, our Orchestra and also the following were Highly Commended:
- Riley Dargan (5th Year) in the Popular Solo Singing (O17)
- Mark O’Donohue (3rd Year) in the Strings (U16)
- Both Jack Brown (5th Year) and Conor Williams (4th Year) in the Piano Solo (O16) and our Jazz Band.
Fantastic – well done to all of the above and indeed to all our participants. Top-class!
I thank: Ms O’Connor, Mr Cavanagh and Mr Grumley-Traynor for their preparation and organisation of the boys. It is a huge commitment which is sincerely appreciated by the boys, their parents and the College.