Bullying Awareness Day – Monday, 22nd January
Bullying Awareness Day
Monday, 22nd January 2018
Mr Graham Mullhern (BeSecure online) discussed appropriate online behaviour with our 2nd Years and Mr Liam Challenor (National Anti-Bullying Research and Resource Centre, DCU) spoke to our 3rd to 6th Years about the challenges and threats of cyber-bullying whether it is through;
- or any other social media
The message was;
- Not to engage in such offensive behaviour.
- Do not be a bystander. Report offensive posts.
- You can cause great reputational damage to yourself which could be long lasting and cost you with potential employers.
NOTHING IS PRIVATE – BE SECURE ONLINE
If you are aware of Bullying – TELL, TELL, TELL.
– BE CARING for self and others
– BE THERE for others
– BE TRUTHFUL (about what you stand for)
– BE GRATEFUL (show gratitude for those around you by respecting them).
I thank Ms Drew and the Student Wellbeing Committee for their organisation of this day.
EVERY STUDENT IS ENTITLED TO AN EDUCATION FREE FROM FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.
BULLYING IS NOT TOLERATED AT BLACKROCK.